Monday 11 January 2010

You are born naked, so do you when you die; nothing follows but Karma does!


You may be thinking that you have logged into a wrong website. But trust yourself that you are not! This round the blog content seems no longer in the mother tounge of the writer, of course with a few reasons...but more importantly, it is the idea comes along to me which I would like to share with.

Karma, many people know about it, but if those who do not, it is just as simple as the definition of "cause and effect", a concept strongly emphasized in Buddhism.

Having said that, many of you may know about it, but how depth do you know about it?

I recalled one of my experiences when I travelled to Europe. Back to 2004, when I graduated from my tertiary education, this experience never go off from my memory. That day, I could still remember clearly, it was a flight from Nice to Paris, by one of the worst flight I have had througout my life so far, probably it was just a "budget" airline, which I suffered for dizzying for the whole journey. Fortunately, I did not vomit but knowing that those smelly chinese ointment that I used would definitely made the surrounding passengers suffered too!

That day I reached the airport of Paris at late noon, and thereafter I took a train to city. And here begins the story of my experiences....

The train finally stopped at a city station, the sky has turned dard and the weather became cooler. As the station wasn't the destination of my reserved hostel, I was forced to approach there by another train. When I was just seeking high and low for the ticket counter, a kind-hearted man offered his assistance. He led me to purchase the ticket at the auto-pay machine, which he advised that a 3-day pass would worth to be purchased, as being a tourist. Being a fresh graduate of a degree programme majoring in accountancy, definitely it wasn't a tough task for me to value the worthiness. But I was extremely exhauted that time, I chose to paid...

The pass was about euro25, when I handed over the money to him, he even guided me the way to depart the train...that moment, I just couldn't find such a kind-hearted person. Finally boarded and arrived at the destination, I checked the pass with one of the officers there, and get known that it was just for ONE way journey. To my shock, I boarded the most expensive train in the world, with only 10 min ride. I am thinking to myself, I used the word "am", as I am still thinking even now, Paris, a well-developed capital of France, would still have such an atmosphere, the negative one.

Today, when I think about it, I just feel relieve that it was indeed a really good chance for me to repay my debt by way of karma in such a western country, which I may not be travelling there again in my life. I told myself, I might have done something negative to him previously. This is Karma. That guy who sold me the train ticket, I thank him heartily. This neutralises the Karma and it will not continue anymore.

You know you were born naked, so do you when you die; nothing follows but Karma does! If you can realise the spiritual of Buddhism, start your dharma while you still can; learn it and apply it into your life, don't let the "financial wealth" to conquer your conscience.


Next blog would introduce you to Tibetan Buddhism - Lord Tsongkhapa.

No comments:

Post a Comment